When you mix an athlete, a nerd, beer, and good ingredients this is what you get.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Burger




     My brother graduated from BC yesterday (congrats, L!). There's a great spot near his school called Eagle Deli that makes great burgers (from what I hear) so being at his graduation made me crave some red meat. Today after work I got home and opened the fridge and decided to see what I could do as far as a burger went.

  I decided I'd cook the beef in a garlic and butter oil so I got that going in a skillet and threw the bun in. Once I had a nice toasted garlic bread bun, I spread some of Katie's famous baked potato dip on it (sour cream, scallions, bacon bits, cheddar). Like I said, my brother graduated this weekend so we had some leftover from when the family came up. Once the burger was a medium rare in the garlic/butter/oil I threw two slices of American cheese on it and let it melt under the broiler. 

  Next I made the salad that topped the burger. Sauteed onions, a tiny cherry pepper, some shredded Brussels sprouts, a few drops of Sriracha and some raspberry agave that we had on the bar. Topped it off with some ketchup and it was a meal and a half on a bun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment