When you mix an athlete, a nerd, beer, and good ingredients this is what you get.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Massive Meal for 40 Men: A (semi) Liveblog

I'm liveblogging a massive meal I'm making today.
It's 5 courses.
The blogging will be mostly images because I'll be busy cooking but try and see if you can figure out where I'm going with everything.

Sorry for image quality, just the phone today.


This is what 30lbs of steak tips looks like


homemade fig preserves
----------

10lb of chicken marinating in my dirty buffalo sauce


----------

Fig preserves done. Chicken cooking. Bourbon maple garlic marinade over the beef.  I know I told some people teriyaki but, hey, I changed my mind


----------

Just chopped 20 potatoes. Now on to 20 onions. Does anyone have a slap chop?? No, seriously, it would save me about a lot of time and a lot of tears. Threw some acid on the potatoes to keep em from oxidizing bc I don't need em yet. I went with vinegar, don't want any lemon flavor in what they're going in


----------

Dessert in the works. What you're looking at is a massive blackberry/strawberry/cheese danish. The filling was so good that I started scraping the bowl like an 8 year old after mom makes brownies...


----------

Dessert's done!


----------

I just finished kneading the largest batch of pizza dough I've ever made. Now all I knead is a beer. Can't... stop... sweating...


----------

Think it's rising? I think so


----------

Start of the corn chowder...


----------

Spicy cheddar corn chowder done. Hope these guys are in for some heat. Fiiiiahh


----------

Massive buffalo chicken pizza one of two. Both finished for apps. Other surprise pizza in the oven


----------

Mmmm gruyere fig preserves carmelized onion prosciutto. Apps done!


----------
That's just me tossing some (semi-invisible) pizza dough.

It got a little crazy as the meal started getting close so I didn't get to take any more pictures. Got some help last minute which was clutch, thanks babe!

The final menu was as follows:

Apps:
Buffalo chicken pizzas on homemade dough with bacon, onion, cheddar, mozz, bleu cheese
Prosciutto and gruyere pizza over a homemade fig spread with caramelized onions

Soup:
Corn Chowder with bacon, potatoes, cheddar, cherry peppers, and onion
(I don't even like soup and I enjoyed this one, will definitely make again)

Salad:
Cobb Salad with egg, bacon, tomatoes, grilled chicken, ranch dressing and I'm probably forgetting something

Entree:
Bourbon marinated steak tips
Tomato/basil/parm risotto

Dessert:
Cheese/Blackberry/Strawberry Danish
(quote from last night "Rotio, what's in this? Wait, is this crack? It's gotta be crack, I just want more." - Oh the things that good food and lots of beer will make you say hah)

If you want recipes for anything shoot me a message or leave a comment. It was a pretty epic day, over 50lbs of meat were in this meal and I had a pitcher by my side all day while I was cooking. My kind of party

1 comment:

  1. this post made my mouth water. are you cooking every thursday?
    -jmk

    ReplyDelete