When you mix an athlete, a nerd, beer, and good ingredients this is what you get.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicken Picatta



Katie and I had a long day today and were in the mood to cook to let off some steam so we decided on Chicken Picatta, one of her childhood favorites. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and tasted a lot better than the dining hall rendition of it I've been eating for the past 4-- wait, 5 years. I drank a few Narragansetts while Katie started some spaghetti and green beans. Oh wait, sorry, "hericot vert." I guess they were French, I won't hold it against them though, they were still pretty cheap and delicious. By the time we started beating the chicken to tenderize it, we were out of 'gansetts so I switched to High Life (which also had arguably the best Super Bowl commercial I've ever seen).

Once the chicken was tender and nice and thin, we dredged it in some flour and threw it in a pan on medium with 1:1 butter and olive oil (butter=flavor,oil=no fire and no burnt butter taste - the flash point of butter is pretty low). We pan fried the chicken until it was done and the crust was golden brown. Then deglazed with white wine, added lemon juice, capers, garlic, salt and pepper, a pat of butter, and a little flour to thicken. After a few minutes, we (Katie) plated the pasta and chicken and poured the sauce over, then added the beans, a lemon wedge, and chopped fresh parsley.

I scarfed mine and washed it down with another couple high lifes, a glance at my Comp Sci 121 problem set that I'll put off for another day, and what looks to be a solid Giants victory. It's looking like a good night after a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment