When you mix an athlete, a nerd, beer, and good ingredients this is what you get.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crab Puffs


The other night, we went out to The Barking Crab for some dinner and a few beers. We ran into one of my past professors and an old teammate, small world (small city I guess). We just grabbed three apps - Crab Dip, Fried Oysters, Crab Cakes - and shared. The food was exactly what I was in the mood for, nice loud outside atmosphere on the water, really good stuff. We had some leftovers so we brought the Crab Dip home. I knew it wouldn't hold long and one of my coworkers was having a rough day so I decided to make something up with the dip and bring it in to work.

I started with this biscuit recipe and substituted butter for the shortening, regular milk for buttermilk and added some seafood seasoning and a ton of black pepper.

Separately, I took the leftover dip and mixed in a bunch of cheddar cheese and some chipotle hot sauce. It looked like it would be a little thin after the cheese melted so I added an egg white to bind it up once it cooked. From there, I just rolled out the biscuit dough into little flat three inch circles added a teaspoon of the filling and figured out how to pinch them up into something that looked semi-decent. Don't worry if you mess up, the three in the photo were probably the best looking three that came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment