When you mix an athlete, a nerd, beer, and good ingredients this is what you get.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Grilled Pizzas


Last night I had one hell of a pizza. Well two hells I guess. Nah, hell is the wrong word. They were heavenly.

This post is going to be mostly anecdotal right now since I'm on a Peter Pan bus to NJ. Me and the rest of the fratelli are heading to the shore for the weekend. I'll update with a recipe once Peter Pan gets me to Never never land.

I went to my friend Katherine's house to make some pizzas for us and her roommates. We made the dough up quickly and drank some beers while it rose. Katherine had the brilliant idea of throwing the pizza stone on the grill instead of the oven. Best. Idea. Ever. It worked wonders on the crust.

I made more of a traditional pie with red sauce, mozz, sweet italian sausage, sauteed onions and ricotta.

Katherine went with fig jam as the sauce, caramelized onions, and topped with prosciutto and gruyere to cut the sweetness and add some smoke.

Two completely different pizzas with completely different tastes.
I don't know why I'm still typing, or why I posted any words at all. The pictures explain everything.

We used to Katherine's camera, it's a little step up from my Droid if you can't tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment